CM-ET Stage Tech Certification | 1-Day Course
8 ETCP Renewal Credits
This course is designed for entertainment professionals responsible for ensuring the show goes on, every time. This ETCP-recognized training course covers the design and operation of a hoist, maintenance requirements and needs, startup inspection and troubleshooting. The course content focuses on the mechanical and electrical systems of the Lodestar and Prostar electric chain hoists.
Students will learn:
- Safe practices for handling and operation of the Lodestar and Prostar hoists.
- How to perform a frequent inspection, and operational test.
- Inspection and maintenance requirements, per ANSI E1.6-2 and ASME B30.16 standards.
- How to adjust and replace limits switches, brakes, and power & control cables.
- Troubleshoot potential issues found in the field.
- Assess and report malfunctions which require the hoist to be sent to out for repair.
The course is concluded by an exam. Successful completion of this exam awards the student with a Stage Tech Motor Certification, valid for three years.
All tools are provided, but personal tools are also welcome.