CM-ET 3-Day Hoist Boot Camp | Rock Lititz
3-DAY COURSE (EARN 24 ETCP CREDITS)
SEATING IS LIMITED! SIGN UP TODAY!
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM each day
Rock Lititz Training Center
Training Pod #2, Suite 40
201 Rock Lititz Blvd. Lititz, PA 17543
This three-day course offers three CMCO Certifications (each valid for 5 years):
- Motor Mechanic Certification
- Rigging Hardware Inspection & Safe Use
- Manual Hoist Technician
CM-ET MOTOR MECHANIC CERTIFICATION
TAUGHT BY: BRIAN LEISTER
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Brian Leister is an Industry Product Trainer with Columbus McKinnon Corporation, specializing in entertainment rigging, rope access, and hoist maintenance. He has eighteen years of experience as a rigging professional in the entertainment industry and is ETCP Arena Rigging certified He is also an ETCP recognized trainer, with fourteen years of industrial rope access experience as a SPRAT 3 / IRATA 3 certified Rope Access Technician. The advancement and sharing of knowledge are Brian’s greatest passions.
Our Motor Mechanic course is designed for professionals with the responsibility for ensuring safe and consistent operations of the market’s favorite Lodestar and Prostar hoists. This hands-on, two- day, ETCP-recognized training course delves deep into the mechanical and electrical designs of each. This course will raise your knowledge beyond knowing into the realm of understanding. You will learn what each component is responsible for and how it works with others to become the machine of choice.
- Recognize & apply regulatory requirements and relevant industry standards.
- Understand the design, function, and inspection criteria for all mechanical and electrical components.
- Interpret wiring diagrams for practical applications.
- Perform frequent & periodic inspections in accordance with CMCO recommendations & requirements, as well as current industry standards.
- Extend product life and enhance safe operation through preventive maintenance.
- Properly troubleshoot electrical and mechanical system issues and replace components as needed.
The course is concluded by an online exam. Successful completion of this exam awards the student with a Motor Mechanic Certification, valid for three years.
All tools and PPE are provided.
RIGGING HARDWARE INSPECTION AND SAFE USE
TAUGHT BY: ROB BRUNO
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Robert Bruno is a Corporate Trainer with Columbus McKinnon Corporation. Rob served 6 years in the U.S. Coast Guard on a 225 ft. Seagoing Buoy tender where he was a crane operator and handled all shipboard rigging. After the Coast Guard, he worked for a large wire rope and sling manufacturer where he was responsible for sling fabrication and inspection, as well as offsite rigging and inspection. After moving to California, Rob worked for one of the largest synthetic sling manufacturers in the U.S. where he was responsible for Nuclear, Hydro, Aerospace, and wind energy customers.
Rob joined Columbus McKinnon in November of 2017.
- Sling Inspection and removal from service criteria per OSHA 1910.184 and ASME B30.9
- Hardware inspection and removal from service criteria per ASME B30.26
- Hoist inspection and removal from service per criteria per ASME B30.16 & ASME B30.21
- Basic sling hitches and safe rigging practices (hands-on)
The course is concluded by a written exam. Successful completion of this exam awards the student with a Rigging Hardware Inspection Certification, valid for five years.
MANUAL HOIST TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION
TAUGHT BY: ROB BRUNO
- Understand industry standards and regulations (ASME, OSHA, CSA)
- Current CMCO requirements for inspection.
- How brakes operate.
- Inspection requirements and what to look for during a routine inspection
- Load Testing requirements
- Gain confidence and knowledge in troubleshooting hoist problems
The course is concluded by a written exam. Successful completion of this exam awards the student with a Manual Hoist Technician certification, valid for five years.
Lunches and refreshments will be provided each day of training.
See our “Plan Your Trip” page for hotel recommendations and trainer contact information.
**Curriculum and/or guest speakers are subject to change**