Online Course: CMCO Overhead Crane & Hoist Inspection Recertification
**In order for this course to qualify as a recertification, students must have completed our hands-on Overhead Crane & Hoist Inspection Certification training.**
This online course is designed to provide recertification on CMCO’s crane and hoist inspection procedures. This course is applicable to all cranes and hoists regardless of manufacturer. Top-running and underhung cranes, monorails, electric, pneumatic, hand chain and lever hoists are discussed in detail. Students will not only gain competence in evaluating deficiencies and spotting safety related items, they will also learn to interpret Federal Regulations, National Standards and Crane and Hoist Specifications.
- Crane and hoist configurations & applicable standards
- OSHA 1910.179 & 184
- ASME B30.2-1 0-11-16-17-20 & 21
- CMAA Specification 70, 74 & 78s
- Inspection classifications & recordkeeping requirements: every lift, daily, frequent and periodic
- Crane & hoist structure marking & construction
- Lever and hand chain hoists (friction brake)
- Brakes: holding brakes/motor brakes (disc & drum)
- Chain: load chain (welded link and roller chain)
- Electrical equipment
- Load testing
- Wire rope, hooks, blocks, sheaves & drums
Students Will Receive:
- Certificate of Course Completion
Certification expires 5 years from class date. To recertify after this 5-year period, students are required to attend the in-person CMCO Overhead Crane & Hoist Inspection Certification.
After registering and paying for the course, you will receive a link for the online training within 24-48 hours.
Please be sure to provide student names & email addresses when registering for this class. Doing so will expedite receipt of a training link.