Online Course: CMCO Chain and Wire Rope Hoist Technician Recertification | Part # OL-CHWR-RC
**IN ORDER FOR THIS COURSE TO QUALIFY AS A RECERTIFICATION, STUDENTS MUST HAVE COMPLETED OUR HANDS-ON CHAIN AND WIRE ROPE HOIST TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION.**
NEW INTERACTIVE COURSE CONTENT!
This online course is designed to provide recertification on CMCO’s chain and wire rope hoist inspection procedures.
This interactive online course is designed to provide recertification on CMCO’s chain and wire rope hoist repair and service procedures for a variety of hoists, including CM, Budgit, Coffing and Yale , and Shawbox chain and wire rope, electric, air and manual hoists. It will measure the skills necessary for competent job performance by testing the technician’s knowledge of diagnostics and repair procedures per the latest industry standards and CMCO repair and service guidelines.
- Hoist identification
- Chain Inspections
- Hook Inspections
- Manual Hoist Inspection
- Load testing requirements
- Understanding the hoist’s electrical system (basic air and electrical theory)
- Basic electrical theory
- Reading a wiring diagram
- Understanding and troubleshooting the hoist’s electrical system
- Mechanical brake maintenance
- Sheaves and wire rope drum inspection
- Load chain inspection
- Wire rope anatomy and inspection
- Motor and load brake inspection
- Review of applicable industry standards: B30’s, ASME HST Performance Standards, NFPA-70
- Frequent and periodical maintenance and inspection procedures
Certification expires 2 years from class date.
- After registering and paying for the course, you will be automatically directed to our new LearnUpon LMS where you will be asked to create a password to set up your account.
- If you are not the student who will be taking the class, please email Paul.Smielecki@cmworks.com with the student's name and email address so that he can enroll your student.
- Please use Google Chrome for the best user experience.