Overhead Crane Installation | 2-Day Workshop
Contact Us to Schedule!
This 2-day, hands-on workshop will provide an overview of CMAA 70 & CMAA 74 installation guidelines for overhead cranes to ensure efficient and safe crane operation. Hands-on training will include installation of a top running bridge crane and a self-standing jib crane. Available for installation will be a collection of CM, Budgit, Coffing and Shawbox electric hoists. The program will measure the skills necessary for competent job performance by testing the technician’s knowledge upon course completion.
- CMAA Specification 70 & CMAA Specification 74
- Review of applicable industry standards: ASME B30.2, B30.11, B30.16 & B30.17
- Article 250 & 610 of the National Electric Code
- Hands-on installation of runway rails to be straight, parallel, level, at the same elevation and at the specific center to center distance, within CMAA tolerance
- Hands-on installation of end trucks, hoists, trolleys, festoons, a top-running bridge crane and a self-standing jib crane
- Hands-on installation of conductor bar and collector shoes
- Rigging gear inspection
- Basic rigging techniques
Student Will Receive:
- Student Workbook
- MAA Specification 70 & CMAA Specification 74
- Certificate of Course Completion
- Flash drive with Technical Bulletins, Wiring Diagrams, and all Operator & Maintenance Manuals
Students will be given CMCO exam at the end of the course related to CMAA installation guidelines, B30 guidelines, and basic rigging inspection.