Qualified Rigger | 3-Day Workshop
This 3-day workshop will prepare students to take the nationally accredited CIC Rigger/Signalperson Certification Exam and the Level 2 Advanced Qualified Rigger Certification Exam. Businesses may wish to seek certification as a way to verify and promote their employees’ knowledge of rigging.
Students will receive:
Day 1: Rigging Gear Inspection TrainingParticipants learn the requirements of OSHA regulations and ASME guidelines for proper inspection procedures and documentation of rigging gear inspection. OSHA requires inspections be done by competent personnel selected by the employer. This training will enable employers to deem their employee competent. Students will be given the CMCO written and hands-on Inspection Exam to test knowledge of topics covered.
- Rigging hardware
- Below the hook lifting devices
- Slings (chain, wire rope, synthetics and metal mesh)
- Lever hoist and chainfalls
Day 2: Basic Rigging & Signalperson Training
Learn how to properly select and use slings and rigging equipment. The course also covers hand signalperson requirements per OSHA 1926.1400, ASME B30.3 and ASME B30.5. Hands-on rigging training will be performed in conjunction with classroom training. Students will be given the CMCO Basic Rigging Exam and Signalperson Exam to test knowledge of topics covered.
- Limitations of rigging equipment
- Knot tying: tagline use
- Effects on working load limits
- Rigging guide and chart interpretation
- Signalperson training
Day 3: Level 2 Advanced RiggingClassroom work is applied in our hands-on rigging facility.
- Estimation of load weights
- Center of gravity determination
- Rigging block calculations
- Sling tension calculations
- Share of load weight calculations
- Load drifting calculations.
Optional Day 4: CIC Rigger & Signalperson Certification Exam(Call to take exam after you register for the 3-day workshop)
The final day of this workshop is for students wishing to take the optional CIC Rigger/Signalperson Certification Exam. Certification is not mandatory by OSHA. Additional fee for exam will apply. For those students wishing to take the exam in their area, visit Crane Institute Certification or call 844-546-3362 (Note: This link is for exam only and will not register you for training course.)
- Level One Qualified Rigger and Signalperson (written and practical exam): $214/person in addition to training cost
- Level Two Advanced Qualified Rigger (written and practical exam): $510/person in addition to training cost
- Level One & Level Two Exams (back to back on the same day): $659/person in addition to training cost
*Level One Exam must be taken before Level Two Exam
It is not necessary, but highly recommended, to take the training classes before the exams. For those individuals who only want to take the certification exam and do not need training, please call us to register for exam. We also offer this course on-site. Please call for details.