DC Drive Training | 1.5 Day Course
The DC Drives training program explores Magnetek’s OmniPulse DDC /DDC2, OmniPulse DSD, and MagnePulse DMC Drives. This 1.5-day course includes basic theory of operation, programming, troubleshooting, and hands-on practice with the DDC tower, DMC magnet control, and DSD hoist tower.
While Magnetek encourages participants to attend the entire program, the DC program is organized to allow participants to attend one or both days of training based on their needs.
Participants will also have the opportunity to tour our facility while in attendance.
***NOTICE: The March 31-April 1, 2020 class has been cancelled due to coronavirus concerns. More dates will be released as soon as available.***
Course AgendaDay 1 Session runs 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. Lunch will be provided.
Day 2 Session runs 8 a.m. - noon. Optional Mondel 400D training in the afternoon.
OmniPulse DDC/DDC2 & MagnePulse DMC
Sessions run from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Lunch is provided.
OmniPulse DDC/DDC2 Drive Course Outline
- Features and Benefits
- The Basic Theory of Operation
- Hardware Components – basic drive modules, board layouts, circuit board jumper and switch settings
- Navigating the programming display menus
- Understanding basic parameter functions and how they affect motor / drive performance
- Troubleshooting analysis using drive fault messages and trouble flow charts
MagnePulse DMC Drive Course Outline
- Magnet Control Theory
- Models and Components
- The Quick Discharge Circuit
- Braking Unit Requirements
- Battery Back-Up System Options
- OmniBeam Option
- 250VDC / 120VAC Control Power Applications
- Navigating The Programming Display Menus
- Understanding Basic Parameter Functions With Effect On Magnet / DMC Drive Performance
- Troubleshooting Analysis – Fault Codes and Corrective Actions
- Fault Levels
OmniPulse DSD Drives
Sessions run from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
OmniPulse DSD Drive Course Outline
- Features and Benefits
- Basic Theory of Operation
- Hardware components
- Navigating display menus
- Basic parameter functions
Reservations will be allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis. Magnetek reserves the right to cancel training if the minimum number of registrations is not met three weeks prior to the start date of the session. Given this possibility, if you plan to fly, please do not book your flight too early. In the event of a canceled session, you will be invited to attend another training session.
All in-house training sessions are free of charge; however, you are responsible for your own travel and lodging expenses.