Wing Fest - A Joint End User Training Clinic Presented By Ace Industries & Columbus Mckinnon
Wing Fest is a new joint training venture presented by Ace Industries and Columbus McKinnon, targeted towards end users, providing an excellent opportunity to learn proper use, maintenance and inspection techniques on chain and rigging products, manual chain hoists and powered chain hoists.
This 4-hour clinic will demonstrate innovative Columbus McKinnon products used in material handling and motion control. The clinic will be followed by a 2-hour lunch and learn to give end users an opportunity to mingle with key Ace Industries and Columbus McKinnon personnel, ask questions and take a closer look the at products.
Since Columbus McKinnon is a Buffalo based company we thought it would be only be appropriate that a Chicken Wing lunch, provided by Buffalo Wild Wings, is served at this time. Additional sides and beverages will also be available.
Rigging: (1 Hour)
Chain & Forgings:
- Chain Inspection (Identify removal service criteria per ASME B30 Standards.)
- Advantages of forgings versus casting and machining
- Discuss differences between lever binders and ratchet binders for load securement
- Discuss various types of loads per FMCSA
Products for Hands-On rigging demonstrations:
- Chain – Gr 30, 43, 70, 80 & 100
- EZ connect
- Master Links
- Various hooks – grab hooks, latchlok hooks, sling hooks, and foundry hooks.
- Hammerlok coupling links
- Ratchet binders
- Lever binders
- Grade 70 binder chain assemblies
Hoists: (3 Hours)
- CM Hurricane 360 Manual Chain Hoist - Demonstration of a load drift & the Hurricane 360’s hand wheel rotation compared to a standard hoist.
- Hurricane Trolley Hoist – Demonstration of the ease of installation to a beam with the quick adjust trolley.
- CM Tornado Lever Hoist - Demonstration of the Tornado’s patented sidewinder feature in comparison to a standard lever hoist
- Lodestar VS Electric Chain Hoist – Benefits of variable speed control and demonstration of the quick interface for setting parameters on the VFD.(Swift lift, speed adjustments, smart limits.)
- Shopstar VS Electric Chain Hoist – Benefits of variable speed control and demonstration of the ease of use and control an operator will have with the brushless DC Motor offering variable speed at even 115V-1PH-60HZ power.
- EC Turnover Electric Chain Hoist – Demonstration of this unique hoist with the ability to rotate a load 180 degrees with a single hoist.
Products for Hands-On Hoist Demonstrations
- Hurricane 360 Manual Chain Hoist / 622 Manual Chain Hoist
- Hurricane Trolley hoist (ACE to supply beam)
- Tornado & Bandit Lever Chain Hoists
- Loadstar VS Electric Chain Hoist
- Shopstar VS Electric Chain Hoist
- EC Turnover Electric Chain Hoist
Address for this training:
2782 Country Highway 11
Pelham, Alabama 35124