Wing Fest - A Joint End User Training Clinic Presented By Ace Industries & Columbus Mckinnon
Wing Fest is a new joint training venture presented by Ace Industries and Columbus McKinnon, targeted towards end users, providing an excellent opportunity to learn proper use, maintenance and inspection techniques for manual and powered chain hoists.
This 4-hour clinic will demonstrate innovative Columbus McKinnon products used in material handling and motion control. The clinic will be followed by a 2-hour lunch and learn to give end users an opportunity to mingle with key Ace Industries and Columbus McKinnon personnel, ask questions and take a closer look at the products.
Since Columbus McKinnon is a Buffalo-based company we thought it would only be appropriate that a Chicken Wing lunch, provided by Buffalo Wild Wings, is served at this time. Additional sides and beverages will also be available.
Agenda: Crane & Wire Rope Hoist
- Review inspection and removal from service criteria per ASME B30 standards.
- Review components of a Wire Rope hoist and their functions
- Operate an overhead crane through an obstacle course. Allows the operator to familiarize themselves with the various functions of the crane and hoist
Agenda: Manual & Electric Hoist
- Review safe use practices of manual chain hoists.
- CM Hurricane 360 - Demonstrate the Hurricane 360’s hand wheel rotation compared to a standard hoist. Review Inspection and removal from service criteria per ASME B30 standards. Demonstrate ease of maintenance and inspection.
- Hurricane Trolley hoist - Demonstrate the ease of installation with the quick adjust trolley.
- CM Tornado – Demonstrate the Tornado’s sidewinder feature in comparison to a standard lever hoist. Review inspection and removal from service Criteria per ASME B30 for lever tools.
- Demo of Lodestar VS - Demonstrate the quick interface for setting parameters on the VFD. (Swift lift, speed adjustments, setting limits.) Explain the functions of the interface and ease of use in comparison to standard VFD programming.
- Demo of Shopstar VS – Demonstrate the ease of use and control an operator will have with the brushless DC Motor.
- Demo of EC Turnover hoist – Demonstrate the Unique ability to rotate a load 180 degrees with a single hoist.
Products for Hands-On Hoist Demonstrations
- Hurricane 360 manual chain hoist
- Hurricane 360 integral trolley hoist
- Tornado 360 lever hoist
- Lodestar VS variable speed electric chain hoist
- Shopstar VS variable speed electric chain hoist
- Coffing EC electric turnover hoist
- Yale Global King electric wire rope hoist
- Crane Obstacle course
Address for this training:
2782 Country Highway 11
Pelham, Alabama 35124
Feel free to reach out with your questions via email below: