Online Course: CMCO Overhead Crane & Hoist Inspection Recertification | Part # OL-OCHI-RC
**In order for this course to qualify as a recertification, students must have completed our hands-on Overhead Crane & Hoist Inspection Certification training.**
NEWLY UPDATED, INTERACTIVE COURSE CONTENT!
This online course is designed to provide recertification on CMCO’s crane and hoist inspection procedures. This course is applicable to all cranes and hoists regardless of manufacturer. Top-running and underhung cranes, monorails, electric, pneumatic, hand chain and lever hoists are discussed in detail. Students will not only gain competence in evaluating deficiencies and spotting safety-related items, they will also learn to interpret Federal Regulations, National Standards and Crane and Hoist Specifications.
- Crane and hoist configurations & applicable standards
- OSHA 1910.179 & 184
- ASME B30.2-1 0-11-16-17-20 & 21
- CMAA Specification 70, 74 & 78s
- Inspection classifications & recordkeeping requirements: every lift, daily, frequent and periodic
- Crane & hoist structure marking & construction
- Lever and hand chain hoists (friction brake)
- Brakes: holding brakes/motor brakes (disc & drum)
- Chain: load chain (welded link and roller chain)
- Electrical equipment
- Load testing
- Wire rope, hooks, blocks, sheaves & drums
Certification expires 2 years from class date.
- After registering and paying for the course, you will be automatically directed to our new LearnUpon LMS where you will be asked to create a password to set up your account.
- If you are not the student who will be taking the class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the student's name and email address so that he can enroll your student.
- Please use Google Chrome for the best user experience.