Tomcat U 2018 | 5-Day Class
March 5-9, 2018 | Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Columbus McKinnon is dedicated to supporting its distributors in promoting the safe and efficient use of its products. Dave Carmack, a member of our professional training team, will be guest teaching this class on-site at Tomcat.
TOMCAT is excited to be partnering with Rope Access Professionals to offer another training opportunity to the TOMCAT U experience with a SPRAT Rope Access Certification class.
This will be a 5-day course consisting of four days of training and one day of evaluation. Registration rates include 6 nights of accommodations at the Black Bear Inn & Suites, transportation to and from the airport, lunch on site during workshop hours, and a tour and catered dinner at our factory in Knoxville.
The Rope Access rate also includes all SPRAT certification fees. Space is limited and interest is high, so make sure to reserve your spot today. Each student must choose only one course as they do run simultaneously. Below is a breakdown of the curriculum for each course (subject to change).
Hoist & Truss
This course will provide an overview of the proper usage of CM 1-ton Lodestars and Prostars, including the disassembly and reassembly of both models (instructed by Columbus McKinnon).
- CM Hoist (RTC) Road Technician Certification Exam – this portion will test you on what you’ve learned during the hoist section
- Automation – includes an overview of automation with a live demonstration (presented by Tait Towers)
- Truss – beginning and advanced concepts in truss design, usage and theory, discussions on indoor and outdoor ground support systems. Instructed by TOMCAT’s Will Todd
Rigging & Truss
- Rigging – manual and automated rigging systems, arena rigging, hardware, rope, cable and slings (instructed by Bill Sapsis of Sapsis Rigging)
- Fall Arrest – staying safe while working at height · Introduction to Rope Access (presented by Rope Access Professionals)
- Truss – same as above
- Maneuvers required for certification including rescues
- Knowledge of equipment
- Knots, anchors, systems
- Rope Access Rules, Regulations, and Safety Standards
- Team exercises
- A half day of truss design, usage, and theory
- This course is open to all intro, recertification, or direct entry (levels 1, 2 and 3)
TOMCAT U is an ETCP recognized training program with ETCP certified instructors.